Welcome to the first Ketto Blog Hop sponsored by Stamping Bella! If you've just happened upon my blog, you can CLICK HERE to start from the beginning at Bloggabella.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Now it's time to hop on over to MEGAN LOCK DESIGNS. Have a great day!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Posted by ChocolateDrop at 10:00 AM
Posted by ChocolateDrop at 7:50 AM
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
This project was a bit more challenging than I expected... but I love the results!~
These pictures are from my DD 2nd birthday party... she loved dressing up as a princess. I put the journaling on the back of her tab insert cards. This was fun to make...! Here is a link to the tutorial!
Posted by ChocolateDrop at 5:05 AM
Here is the link to the site that explains how to alter a CD... this is a GREAT project... Loved doing it!Shonna :)
Here are my version of the instructions from how I made my altered CD...
My altered CD...
Petaloo Flowers (cut in half)
3 Birds Scrapaganza Paper
3 Birds Scrapaganza glitter chip board
3 Birds Scrapaganza chip board
Decopauge - Plaid Mod Podge Gloss Lustre
Glue Dots (mini and craft size)
Crop O Dile (hand held)
First I covered the CD with the Mod Podge on side one and put the patterned paper on... I prefer to use patterned paper rather than cardstock because it will soak up the Mod Podge faster and also dry faster. I did the same to side two. Then let the CD set for 10 mins. and then trim the edges.
Then I put a layer of Mod Podge on top of the pattern paper on side one and let dry. If you use a thin layer it dries pretty fast. Then I did my LO on top after the mod podge dried. Then after laying my picture, ribbon and pearls (there are pearls under the flowers, I completed the total frame of the picture), I put another layer of Mod Podge on the entire surface, covering the picture and the ribbon. This application was thicker than the first. I do this to protect the picture etc. since these won't be put in an album - most of the time - and will be out on a table or hanging...
After this dries is when I put the flowers and chipboard elements on.
I used a mixture of hot glue for big flower and glue dots for the smaller elements.
For her name I typed that on the computer on cardstock and printed that out and edged it with green ink...
For the back I did not put an additional layer of Mod Podge over my journaling... (thinking maybe I should have) but that is up to you...
I printed that out off the computer and then trimmed away to fit over a bit so I could use the flowers on the side.
To make the whole I used my handy dandy Crop O Dile... LOVE THAT TOOL... cut a hole through that CD like a hot knife through butta...!!! :)
Hope you enjoy making this project as much as I did!!